Saturday, September 08, 2012

Melted Crayon Art

Somebody who I know did an awesome canvas with melted crayons so I thought, "Hey, why not, I can do this!".

I was hoping a for a little more splatter but it till came out pretty good.

For the melting part, make sure you take this project outside.  If not, you really want to cover your area with newspaper.  This (can) will get messy.




Hot glue green (various shades of green) crayons onto any canvas of your size.

With your crayons on top, use your hairdryer (or heat gun) on it's highest setting. Hold your hairdryer close to your crayons until they start to melt and run down your canvas.

Turn your canvas over (crayons are now on the bottom), hot glue some flowers and gems to it.

Voila!  Melted Crayon Flower Art.

This one was done the same way but with various blues.  The little kid and duck were cut out on my Cricut Machine.

 

No comments: